Givenchy Teint Couture Cushion Portable Fluid Foundation | NEW PRODUCT 2016 | First Impressions, Review & Swatches

08:09


I was lucky enough to be invited to the international launch of Givenchy's new product for 2016,  the Teint Couture Cushion Portable Fluid Foundation. It is basically a foundation in a compact, just like the 'Korean'-style BB creams and foundations.

Personally, I do not prefer this method of putting my foundation on because the compact sponge it comes in will get contaminated if you do not wash it constantly and it is tough to wash in general, as compared to a beauty blender.

However, I was very excited to try it because I have always been a fan of Givenchy's Prism Libre loose powders. I was given one to try, together with a very sweet gift of a full sized Givenchy Live Irresistibly perfume.

My only gripe was that I could not pick a shade for myself, and ended up with shade 4, basically the darkest shade of the range of 4 colours (the darkest shade really isn't that dark so the colour selection is bad. However, I did appreciate the very nice gift from Givenchy and will still put the foundation to good use.

This review does not contain a full wear time first impressions, as I will be leaving that for video on my channel -> https://www.youtube.com/user/cherylannchong/videos 


The packaging is extremely sleek with a glossy finish on the outside. This will retail for S$83 at Sephora Singapore which made me question whether this is actually better than my Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Flawless Fluide Foundation and Marc Jacobs Re(marc)able Foundation (both slightly cheaper than this).


When I swatched the foundation, I set the sponge aside as I really have a phobia for sponges like this  lol! Anyway, the foundation came out looking very light, and I could tell it had a pinkish undertone, which of course, does not suit me. However, I was raring to see how the formula turns out.


When I first swatched with my fingers on my hand,  I could tell the foundation is sheer, and I wasn't unhappy as it did not claim to be. It is stated that it is for a 'fresh and flawless', hence it is supposed to be non-cake-y and I suppose, more natural.

After a second swatch, I could see that it is not buildable and it stays sheer throughout. The only big thing I noticed was that the foundation oxidises like crazy into a very orange-y finish. However, only after trying it on my face, will I be able to tell the wear time! I'm still excited to try this in a video, even though you guys know I love full coverage, oil-free and matte foundations. However, since this did not claim to be, I know people who love sheer coverage and a fresh face look, will fall in love with this!

For more information or questions, you can email me at cherylannchong@gmail.com, Tweet me at @cherylannchong or leave a comment down below. Cheers!


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Hi Cheryl,

    Very nice cushion from Givenchy...I love this brand !!!
    CAn you add a pic of its ingredient list please ?

    XXX
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images